httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: connect to listener warning message
Date Sun, 31 Mar 2002 00:51:02 GMT
"David Hill" <ddhill@zk3.dec.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>     When I run 2.0.32 on Compaq Tru64 and give it a bit of a load (ok, I whack it good
:-), I get warnings similar to the following looping into the error log file. I am getting
one per second, even well after the load is removed.I do not get any of these until after
the load has been applied for a 10 seconds or so.

> [Thu Mar 28 13:11:43 2002] [warn] (49)Can't assign requested address: connect to listener

"one per second" sounds like idle server maintenance

"can't assign requested address" on a connect sounds like your machine
is out of ephemeral ports (you were whacking it over loopback I'll
bet) to assign to the source socket doing the dummy connection

> Any suggestions ?

tune the os to have more ephemeral ports??

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...