httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: Weird network problem with MPM_WORKER
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2002 18:11:38 GMT
Greg Ames <gregames@remulak.net> writes:

> Pier Fumagalli wrote:
> >
> > I don't know why, but right now my server started complaining with:
> >
> > [warn] (128)Network is unreachable: connect to listener
> >
> > I just issued a "restart" and before it was working fine... Now, even if I
> > shut it down and start it back again, the error_log is full with those...
> There was a Solaris bug that caused a problem similar to this which was reported
> a few weeks ago.  I think Jeff saw it, and fixed it by putting on the latest
> Solaris fix packages.  I don't think anyone was able to identify one specific
> fix.

The Solaris fixes were required to fix a hang in getaddrinfo().

When I had the same symptom as Pier mentions above, the fix was to get
my IPv6 configuration straightened out.  None of my network interfaces
had IPv6 addresses, so attempting to connect to :: (in6addr_any)
resulted in ENETUNREACH.
             Born in Roswell... married an alien...