httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server/mpm/worker worker.c
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2002 17:56:16 GMT
Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com> writes:

> Jeff Trawick wrote:
> >
> > >   Bring 2.0 up to parity, a bit, with how much info we provide to
> > >   the admin regarding valid values for AcceptMutex. Should also
> > >   tell 'em what "default" actually maps to, but that can wait.
> >
> > I don't think this works as you desired.
> >
> > I just did an update (no diffs in this tree) and for a config with no
> > AcceptMutex I get this at startup:
> >
> > [notice] AcceptMutex: Valid accept mutexes for this platform and MPM
> > are: default, fcntl, sysvsem, pthread.
> >
> > Isn't that the message for httpd -L output?
> >
> > The 1.3 startup message is something like this:
> >
> > [notice] Accept mutex: fcntl (Default: fcntl)
> >
> > much more appropriate
> > --
>
> Actually, it does exactly what I intended, for the present. :)

It doesn't look too cool :)

> Agreed, and this is part of what I alluded to above about "tell 'em
> what default is"... For right now, since TAKE1 is a macro, you
> can't use normal preprocessor "foo " "bar" concats to build up the
> supported string, so the info message for AllowMutex is hard to
> be very 1.3-like.

You don't have to use the macro (of course that extra type-checking
via the designated initializers is nice)...

If you use the macro, couldn't you pass a variable to the macro, and
use the preprocessor to build the string pointed to by that variable?

static const char *accept_mutex_help =
"Valid accept mutexes for this platform and MPM are: default"
#if APR_HAS_FLOCK_SERIALIZE
", flock"
#endif
#if APR_HAS_FCNTL_SERIALIZE
", fcntl"
#endif
#if APR_HAS_SYSVSEM_SERIALIZE && !defined(PERCHILD_MPM)
", sysvsem"
#endif
#if APR_HAS_PROC_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE
, pthread"
#endif
"."

then specify accept_mutex_help as the last parm to AP_INIT_TAKE1()?

(untested :) )

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...