httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: PROPOSAL: new directive for mod_proxy
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2002 15:57:21 GMT

On Thu, 7 Mar 2002, Graham Leggett wrote:

> Aaron Bannert wrote:
>
> > > The fix to this is to add a "AllowProxy" directive to the "options"
> > > directive.
> >
> > Unfortunately, I think we've run out of bits in there...
>
> Then we need more bits!!! :)

Yes, we could add more bits in 2.0.  But my question remains the same as
it always has been: What is the advantage of adding something to Options
rather than having an independent directive?

The disadvantage is that nobody understands how to use the Options
directive.  A quick search on google groups could find you literally
hundreds of examples of people using Options incorrectly, and hundreds
more examples of people who can't get SSI or CGI to work because they
don't understand how to use Options.

Joshua.