httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/experimental mod_cache.h mod_mem_cache.c
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2002 06:41:22 GMT
On 18 Mar 2002 wrote:

> jwoolley    02/03/17 22:37:33
>   Modified:    modules/experimental mod_cache.h mod_mem_cache.c
>   Log:
>   Get mod_mem_cache to compile cleanly again on linux, where apr_atomic_t
>   is a struct.

Hey Bill...

   Do me a favor and look over this (ie, please make sure it still works
on Windows :).  It's a bit ugly, but it was necessary to get it to compile
cleanly.  There were a few cases where I couldn't tell how it was that the
!USE_ATOMICS case was actually working right... how long has it been since
somebody tried it with that turned off?  Just curious.  But anyway, why
do we need a special !USE_ATOMICS case?  We have a default implementation
of apr_atomic_* that uses locks to do its thing... are we just trying to
avoid the extra locking overhead?

PS: the (void) cast on the two calls to apr_atomic_dec() was needed to
get rid of a compiler warning saying that a value computed was never used.

   Cliff Woolley
   Charlottesville, VA

View raw message