httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: Patch for PR# 4634
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2002 03:08:40 GMT
On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Dave Dribin wrote:

> It's been over a month, and I never got any real response to this
> patch.  I figured a patch against an open bug would have gotten *some*
> response, even if it was "that patch sucks, we don't want it". :) Did
> I not follow some protocol for submitting a patch or something?

Forgive us if sometimes patches fall through the cracks... you did the
right thing by mentioning it again.

I just went back and dug up your patch and read through the bug report as
well.  I tend to agree with Ralf's comments in the bug report history, but
I'll admit it's possible that having this behavior configurable is a
useful feature.  Another question, however, is whether this feature should
be added in 1.3.x since we're so busy gearing toward 2.0...  I'll leave
that as a question for the group for now.

(PS: If you don't get a resolution on this question within the next week
or two, by all means ask again... this is such a high-volume list that
it's regrettably easy for threads to get lost.)

Thanks,
Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com