httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: dumb questions on a couple of the current 2.0 showstoppers
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2002 22:57:13 GMT
On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, Jeff Trawick wrote:

> 2)  * API changes planned for 2.0 that should happen before the
>       GA release:
>           * Free lists for bucket allocation
>           * Pool allocator change
>
>     Can anybody comment on the current status of either of these?

The pool allocator change is done AFAIK -- Sander, are there any other
changes that need to be made above the ones in the patch you sent me?  If
not, please go ahead and commit.

The bucket freelist change was kind of waiting on the pool allocator
change, but the API change part can go ahead and get committed as is
without the pool change--it would just be a wrapper around malloc until
the pool change is done, at which point the freelist allocator can be
dropped in.

When I get back to Charlottesville on Thursday I'll finish up and commit
whatever part of the buckets change I can depending on the pool patch
status.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com