httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject the it worked page
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2002 19:06:07 GMT

Can we get rid of the "It worked!" page?  Please?  I'm getting sick of
confused people sending us email saying their server has been hijacked.
Maybe "site is under construction", period.  Nothing more informative than
that.  I know it's going down the road of "assume the user is an idiot and
therefore don't give them any information that they might not understand",
but the information on that page isn't really useful to anyone.  It just
says "hey, you got it right.  good job."  But the only people that read it
are ones that don't know WTF they're doing and it just causes no end of
trouble.

Thoughts?

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley