httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dale Ghent <da...@elemental.org>
Subject RE: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/include ap_release.h
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2002 19:07:33 GMT
On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, Ryan Bloom wrote:

| I realize that this is a VERY sarcastic message.  I am seriously trying
| to make a point here.  Either we are developers all pulling towards a
| real release, or we aren't.  I believe that we are.

This was my point during the past email thread re: release. Yes, I think
there's not one person here who does not want to GA ap 2.0. But to claim
that the developers 'are pulling towards a real release' is unbelieveable.
Not one ASF member seems to have an inkling of a clue as to when 2.0 will
be GA'd. In fact, I doubt anyone had an idea .33 would be tagged when it
was.

You guys are dangling a carrot in front of yourselves, while claiming
you're all making progress towards it. Open-source stances and cruft
aside, some real release management and archetecture roadmap needs to be
put in place... or 2.0 will be surely featured in Wired's next vaporware
article, which honestly would be really unfortunate.

/dale