httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: Bugzilla projects setup...
Date Sun, 17 Mar 2002 17:15:23 GMT
On Sat, 16 Mar 2002, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> > But nice work, thanks!  Could we simply auto-populate the subscriptions
> > from bugz, with a NICE NOTE first that this change is happening, and how
> > to unsubscribe?  Or should we email-forward bugz reports to the bugs list,
> > and let folks unsubscribe the old-fashioned way?  No good answer here.
>
> I'm not familiar with bugz@ or what you are talking about.  I think
> Pier could setup bugzilla to send reports to the bugz@ ML (to any
> arbitrary address really), but there won't be any way to change the
> data via mail.

It is absolutely necessary that bug reports and changes to bug reports
are sent to the bugs mailing list.

Bugzilla's "default" model of just assigning them to someone and having
that person responsible for dealing with them (or having to have someone
to out and hunt for bug reports to see if there is anything of interest)
is completely inappropriate for our development process...

We are also now telling people that they need to search for existing
bug reports in a database without any existing PRs.  If we are going
to move on with having two completely different bug databases that
have to be searched, etc. the distinction needs to be made more obvious.

I'm not at all against switching to bugzilla, but just hope the switch
has been planned well enough that we won't have to revert back just
like the last time it was attempted.