httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian Havard" <bri...@kheldar.apana.org.au>
Subject Config path brokenness
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2002 13:19:50 GMT
With the current HEAD (configured using --prefix=/Apps/apache2), I get the
following in my ap_config_auto.h:

/* Location of the config file, relative to the Apache root directory */
#define SERVER_CONFIG_FILE "/Apps/apache2/conf/httpd.conf"

whereas in, say, 2.0.32 it reads:

/* Location of the config file, relative to the Apache root directory */
#define SERVER_CONFIG_FILE "conf/httpd.conf"

What this means is that I can no longer run the server with an alternate
server root using the -d switch, something I commonly do to test running in
the build tree without having to make install. It's also commonly used by
users of binary builds if they want to install to a directory other than
what the binary builder specified.

I know this stuff's been hacked at recently, I just want to let people know
it's not finished yet :)