httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Marr <gr...@alum.wpi.edu>
Subject Re: 1.3.24-dev new warning...
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2002 20:51:02 GMT
At 01:07 PM 04/19/2002, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>At 10:03 AM 3/19/2002, you wrote:
>>At 10:42 PM -0600 3/7/02, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>> >C:\clean\apache-1.3\src\modules\proxy\proxy_util.c(565)
>> >  : warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch
>> >
>> >            n = ap_bread(f, buf, MIN(buf_size, len -
>> total_bytes_rcvd));
>>
>>I had posted a patch regarding this a bit ago... Any feedback? I was
>>not able to recreate the exact error messages locally on any of
>>my machines, so I couldn't see if it solved the specific problem
>>(without creating more :) ).
>
>Doh!  MIN() is implemented in terms of a terniary, and those are very
>broken in terms of the result type on win32.  Casting the MIN() back
>the arg type of ap_bread() should be sufficient.

I doubt it.  The warning is about the '<', which occurs because
buf_size is size_t, and len is off_t.

BTW, I've never had any troubles with the result type of ?: on
Win32.  It's always the result type of the true result, which is what
it should be, as far as I've seen.  Could you be a bit more specific?

--
Greg Marr
gregm@alum.wpi.edu