httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Strange autoindex behaviour
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2002 03:07:51 GMT
The issue isn't mod_autoindex at all.

Mod_dir is now implemented in terms of a fast_internal_redirect.

This makes sense, when you consider that a subreq for /foo/
should return type "text/html" if that will be the results of a real
request for /foo/.

But in this -one- case, I see the issue/confusion.  I would be
very adverse to changing mod_dir back to returning whatever
goofy "application/x-unix-dir" we had in 1.3, but we could agree
to skip the subreq on a dir, if we can agree that requests for
/foo/ that will error out or are protected are then displayed
always.

I doubt most admins want /foo/ listed if it is a protected resource,
so the default needs to remain as-is with a full subreq lookup test.