httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: AddOutputFilterByType
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2002 22:43:50 GMT
At 04:29 PM 3/5/2002, you wrote:

>Also, why does mod_negotiation handle fixups in type_checker and
>mod_dir does it in fixups?  I'd suggest that we should move the
>handle_multi call to be a fixups so that we are consistent where
>our redirect calls occur.  -- justin

Cut it out already :-)

We don't know if some other module is -interested- in that dir... so mod_dir
will wait till fixups to say "hey - I can do that!" and auth is run for the
dir as
well as its index.html.

Negotiation decides way up in type_checker that yea - that's a multiview,
and this is what we will do with it.

Rbb and I chatted about this earlier today.  It seems like once the decision
is reached that we have a fast internal redirect, we should _stop_ processing
that main request.  Obviously some well defined return value from the hook
fn, similar to DONE but not quite the same.

What would be most cool is to set an r->replace_request member to the
subrequest we will run.  Then in the run request phase, look at
replace_request and run the insert_filters/run_handler against that
replacement.

Need to spend 2 hours away from work + apache ... I'll check in later and
see if the solution is really that trivial.

Bill