httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: proxy doesn't dechunk in 1.3.24
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2002 15:43:00 GMT
Joshua Slive wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Graham Leggett wrote:
> > When I looked at the proxy code I could see nothing obvious that had
> > changed - proxy uses the core methods for sending headers and data to
> > the frontend, not sure what changed.
>
> If I had to guess, I would say that this change:
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/apache-1.3/src/modules/proxy/proxy_http.c.diff?r1=1.84&r2=1.85
> exposed some other problems.

I doubt it - this line is a write direct to the backend network. The
problem is happening (as I understand it) over the frontend connection,
which is generated by different code.

The key clue is the fact that there is a Transfer-Encoding header in the
response, which is specifically removed from the backend data - so
Apache is adding it back somehow.

(Not to say that it isn't, but rather to say that it is unlikely - I
don't know enough about how buff.c works to come directly to an answer)

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street