httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolae Mihalache <ma...@abcpages.com>
Subject adding environment variables from module
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2002 15:38:07 GMT
Hi!

First of all, this is my first attempt to modify an Apache module.
I'm tring to modify mod_mysql_auth to set some environment variables
that  will be used by the CGI scripts and also by the mod_autoindex
(wich I will also modify)  to change the output based on the priviledge
of the authenticated user.
my modification goes into mysql_check_auth and is basically:
table *e = r->subprocess_env;
ap_table_setn(e,"SA_PRIV",ap_pstrdup(r->pool, data[0]));
where data[0] is previously obtained from database.

The problem is that "SA_PRIV" environment variable does not show up in
the cgi script. I tried printing all the variables after setting them
and it seems that at that stage the only variables that exists in that
table are mine and UNIQUE_ID. UNIQUE_ID is shown in the cgi script.
Please tell me what I'm doing wrong, isn't r->subprocess_env the correct
table to add environment variables?
Are these things documented somwere?

Thank you,
Nicolae