httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Ames <grega...@remulak.net>
Subject Re: this a.m. how do we get a cleared scoreboard after apachectl restart?
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2002 19:48:27 GMT
Jeff Trawick wrote:

> If there is no such logic right now:

well, there is ap_cleanup_scoreboard.  But it seems to have two problems w.r.t.
non-graceful restart:

* it won't run on a restart with the pool change.  But code in the MPMs kills
the cleanup on non-graceful.  Will that make things break at shutdown time?
* for some period of time before the pool change, it wasn't always effective in
preventing the new generation from seeing old generation data, as you reported.

> Is the WinNT MPM gonna puke if ap_create_scoreboard() clears it (but
> preserving running_generation) in the already-have-a-scoreboard path?

dunno.  Aren't you concerned about the Unix MPMs?  What would prevent
about-to-die old generation processes from writing into the scoreboard after it
is cleared?

Greg