httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject putting mod_scoreboard_send in core?
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2002 17:51:10 GMT
The Apache::Scoreboard distribution for 1.x includes
mod_scoreboard_send.c, which allows you to collect the scoreboards from
many machines for various purposes. This is a special standalone C
version which doesn't require mod_perl.

There is a C code which freeze()s the scoreboard and sends it to the
client, which can then be thaw()ed to retrieve the scoreboard.

Apache::Scoreboard is now going to be folded into the mod_perl 2.0 core,
therefore we cannot distribute mod_scoreboard_send.c any longer since
there is no Apache-Scoreboard distribution. And those who will want to
use mod_scoreboard_send.c won't want to grab mod_perl sources for it.

We think that the best place for this module is in the core. I haven't
ported it to 2.0 yet, and plan to do it shortly. It's a very small modules.

Where should it go: modules/generators/mod_scoreboard_send?

p.s. all this cool stuff is a courtesy of Doug MacEachern, I'm just
porting it to 2.0 ;)