httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject need to export status_init from mod_status/scoreboard
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2002 09:12:58 GMT
status_init() in mod_status initializes status_flags, server_limit and
thread_limit. This is all nice for mod_status since it gets loaded
before any threads are started. Under mod_perl Apache::Scoreboard (the
Perl interface for scoreboard) can be loaded directly by the spawned
threads. Therefore to avoid race condition one has to handle this with
apr_thread_init_once, add the logic for prefork and you end up with an
ugly code.

Can we change mod_status or scoreboard to export these variables similar
to ap_scoreboard_image or export functions that will return these
variables, which will tremendously simplify things?

I'll create and post a patch if you think it's a goodness. If so please
tell me the preferred way to do this.

also any chance somebody will respond/commit my other
scoreboard/mod_status patches I've sent earlier?

Thanks