httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: PROPOSAL: new directive for mod_proxy
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2002 20:34:21 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Options has been considered a poor design choice for years.
> Some of that might be due to the too-small bit-width it was
> given, but Roy can certainly give you chapter and verse why
> it's not a good thing.
>
> In any even, there's been a ban on trying to extend it for
> at least four years.  It would break too many things.  It
> just isn't extensible.

Ok.

What we need then is a standard way to enable or disable features or
entire modules. Currently the naming of the directives are a bit
here-and-there, eg "Dav" for enabling DAV support, "Options" for others,
"ProxyRequests" for forward proxy, etc.

How about creating directives within each module with "Enable<Blah>",
like so:

EnableDav on
EnableProxyForward off
EnableProxyReverse on