httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: OT: whither are we going?
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2002 19:47:13 GMT
Bill Stoddard wrote:

> And FWIW, I personally feel some responsbility to the Apache
> user community.

So do I, of a sort; I feel gratitude for the feedback and
suggestions toward improvement of the package.  For me, though,
it does *not* extend to a feeling of commitment to deliver
anything according to random feature requests or timelines.
IMHO, if we owe the userbase anything, it's that gratitude, and
credit where it is deserved.  I do *not* think we owe the user
community a project plan and schedule of deliverables.

Perhaps I pitched it too strongly, but the remark that
not making that commitment to the user base was a slap in
its collective face got up my nose.
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"