httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pane <bp...@pacbell.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/include ap_release.h
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2002 18:34:53 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

>On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 09:48:38AM -0800, Ryan Bloom wrote:
>
>>Yes, I have tagged 2.0.33.  I won't roll the release until Aaron commits
>>the path problem fix.  I'll announce when the roll is done.
>>

>Let me just go on record saying that I don't think we're in a
>position to release another version.
>
>IMHO, we need the API changes in before doing another release.
>You obviously don't seem to agree with me (per our usual custom).
>Whatever.  I believe this isn't a good time to be tagging.  We've
>just had several major changes and we still haven't thoroughly
>tested their impact yet.

I agree with Justin on both parts: I'd prefer to get the API
changes in place (pool allocators and buckets are the ones that
I know of) and do some more testing on the latest round of filter
rewrites (are they running on daedalus) before relasing 2.0.33.

I'd ideally like to see 2.0.33 become the "API freeze" release,
where we're able to tell 3rd party module maintainers that the
APIs are now stable, with 2.0.34 following it as the "performance
tuning and bug fixes" release (and GA candidate).

--Brian