httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/modules/proxy proxy_http.c
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2002 14:40:04 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> The question I think is whether the proxy module is truly
> HTTP/1.1 compliant.  If it can handle anything a true HTTP/1.1
> server can return *and* meet the proxy criteria set forth in
> the RFC, then it can advertise itself as being 1.1.  Otherwise,
> it should say it's 1.0.  -- justin

When I wrote the patch, it was written to be HTTP/1.1 compliant. If the
proxy is not HTTP/1.1 compliant, then it is a bug and should be fixed.
Making the thing HTTP/1.0 makes the work done upgrading the proxy
pointless.

Is there any specific behaviour of the v1.3 proxy that violates
HTTP/1.1?

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon