httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Hold off on 2.0.34 for a few minutes?
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2002 23:04:12 GMT
On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 11:45:54AM -0800, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 11:39:07AM -0800, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> > Do we have a script that does the directory creation now?  I have always
> > just created all dirs by hand.
>
> As I understand our policy to be, configure should magically create
> all directories for you.  (And, we mostly do this.)
>
> However, I know people have complained that we aren't always
> consistent about that (most notably w.r.t. expat-lite in
> apr-util).  -- justin

configure will only create the directories for files passed to AC_OUTPUT().
Since we have a replacement for that (bogus, IMO), that means we must
manually create directories for the FAST_OUTPUT items.

[ btw, what do you mean "expat-lite" in apr-util? there is no such thing. We
  have a full copy of Expat in there, in case the target system doesn't have
  expat already installed. ]

Cheers,
-g

--