httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server/mpm/worker worker.c
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2002 17:59:33 GMT
On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 12:41:21PM -0500, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Actually, it does exactly what I intended, for the present. :)
>
> Agreed, and this is part of what I alluded to above about "tell 'em
> what default is"... For right now, since TAKE1 is a macro, you
> can't use normal preprocessor "foo " "bar" concats to build up the
> supported string, so the info message for AllowMutex is hard to
> be very 1.3-like. So, the place to put it is in error log (we need
> *some* way of noting valid mutexes). Ideally the solution is
> something that reports what default maps to, but it requires some
> APR work and some consolidation since the MPM's make use of
> different locking calls (apr_proc_mutex_lock, apr_lock_acquire)
> and thus need a good solution for a common function for something
> like ap_mutex_method_name() with the addition of the name to
> the actual lock structs...

Accept mutexes should all be apr_proc_mutex_t types, since the apr_lock_t
type is being phased out and will be soon removed from APR.

Personally I'd like to see the default set in autoconf and dictated to
APR. That would give us the side-effect benefit of having the default
defined in a cpp symbol.

-aaron