httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bugzilla action items
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2002 01:32:03 GMT
On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 01:08:33AM +0000, Pier Fumagalli wrote:
> > 5) Potentially add a bugzilla.apache.org CNAME that is a redirect
> >  to http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla.  [DNS and httpd admin]
>
> See other email...

Fair enough, but as I understand matters, Scarab does not support any
migration path from GNATS->Scarab, but does from Bugzilla->Scarab.
So, all of this work/rearrangment won't be lost if we decide to
switch to Scarab?  It'll be painless, right?

What's the timeframe on deploying Scarab for Jakarta?  Since the
Jakarta people are lightyears ahead of us when it comes to bug
systems, I'll be content to just piggy-back on whatever issue
tracking system Jakarta uses.  But, if the switch is imminent
(say a week?), then we should hold off doing anything with
Bugzilla for sure.

> > 6) Add some other httpd committers as bugzilla admins.  I nominate
> >  Joshua for access since he already closed one bugzilla bug.  =)
> >  But, there should be other people besides me that can tweak the
> >  components.  [Bugzilla admin]
>
> Gimme a list :)

Joshua Slive (slive@apache.org) and Will Rowe (wrowe@apache.org)
volunteered themselves.  Seems like a reasonable start for now.
I don't know what your policy is on admins, but I'd posit that
any committer can be trusted.

Okay.  So, if we get a bugs@httpd ML created, we can set all of the
components to be "owned" by bugs@httpd.

> > 9) Configure bugzilla to send monthly/weekly (?) reports to dev@httpd
> >  identifying confirmed PRs.  I believe tomcat-dev@ gets these.
> >  Personally, I don't care to be subscribed to bugs@httpd ML (it'll
> >  be high-traffic), but I would like to see a summary once in a
> >  while.  [Bugzilla admin, but subject to dev@httpd consensus]
>
> That's already there... I just need to add the projects into the weekly
> script to generate reports for HTTPd as well (check out the Tomcat list, for
> example).

Cool.  We may rename the projects once we figure out how we want to
name things.  I'll make sure I drop you a line once we're happy with
the project names.

> All from my side (keep me posted, I read the list randomly lately)

Thanks.  -- justin