httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Bugzilla action items
Date Sun, 17 Mar 2002 17:52:53 GMT
I don't believe I have enough karma to do any of these items.  So,
I would greatly appreciate it if the necessary people could please
step up and help out here.  infrastructure@ is CCed in case some
people with access are reading that instead of dev@httpd.

[For those on infrastructure@, httpd is trying to migrate from
GNATS to Nagoya's bugzilla.]

1) Modify bugs.apache.org's index.cgi page to have a link to
   Nagoya's bugzilla.  [Daedalus 'bugz' access]

2) Add new OS entries for 'BeOS', 'OS/2', 'Netware'.  [Bugzilla admin]

3) Determine if we want a separate Apache 2.0 bugzilla project.
   Doing so makes the component list *much* easier.  Otherwise,
   there will be things that don't make sense for 2.0 in 1.3 and
   vice-versa.  [dev@httpd consensus]

4) Upon completion of #3, populate components.  I don't like the
   GNATS components as they are poorly chosen.  I think we can
   come up with better ones than that.  [dev@httpd consensus]

5) Potentially add a bugzilla.apache.org CNAME that is a redirect
   to http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla.  [DNS and httpd admin]

6) Add some other httpd committers as bugzilla admins.  I nominate
   Joshua for access since he already closed one bugzilla bug.  =)
   But, there should be other people besides me that can tweak the
   components.  [Bugzilla admin]

7) Configure bugzilla accordingly so that it sends an email to a
   ML.  If you are subscribed to tomcat-dev@, you know how it works -
   any time a new bug is created, it sends an email, any time changes
   are made, it sends an email.  I'd say bugs@httpd.apache.org would
   be a good name.  IMHO, we should move it over to a new list instead
   of reusing the old one (apache-bugdb) that is on the wrong domain
   anyway.  [Daedalus 'apmail' and bugzilla admin]

8) Upon completion of #7, send an email to apache-bugdb@ notifying
   them of new list and bugzilla setup.  [Anyone once #7 is done.]

9) Configure bugzilla to send monthly/weekly (?) reports to dev@httpd
   identifying confirmed PRs.  I believe tomcat-dev@ gets these.
   Personally, I don't care to be subscribed to bugs@httpd ML (it'll
   be high-traffic), but I would like to see a summary once in a
   while.  [Bugzilla admin, but subject to dev@httpd consensus]

10) Make GNATS not accept new PRs once we are satisfied with
   Bugzilla.  [Daedalus 'bugz']

I hope that this provides us with a rough guideline for
migration.  Thoughts?  -- justin