httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bugzilla projects setup...
Date Sat, 16 Mar 2002 19:31:38 GMT
On Sat, Mar 16, 2002 at 01:01:01PM -0600, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> At 12:51 PM 3/16/2002, you wrote:
> >Hi gang,
> >
> >I finally had a chance to set up the projects in Bugzilla for HTTPD.
> >"Apache HTTPD" (for 1.3) and "Apache HTTPD 2" (for 2.0) on bugzilla.
>
> Ick.  Isn't this was version tags in Bugzilla are for???  Please delete
> the duplicate, you know users will misfile anyway.  I'd rather just fix
> version, not version+app on every misreport.

Pier recommended the split based on prior experience.  Tomcat has
separate Tomcat3 and Tomcat4 projects.  I just followed the
convention already in place.

I'll remove "HTTPD 2" for now and if we want to add it back in
later, we can.

> And the app is Apache HTTP Server [or httpd ... lower case].

It needs to be short.  Apache httpd?  In fact, "Apache HTTPD 2" is
the longest project name in Bugzilla right now.  Pier recommended
"Apache," and I don't like that as it isn't specific enough.  And,
I think if we put just "httpd," no one would know what it was.

> But nice work, thanks!  Could we simply auto-populate the subscriptions
> from bugz, with a NICE NOTE first that this change is happening, and how
> to unsubscribe?  Or should we email-forward bugz reports to the bugs list,
> and let folks unsubscribe the old-fashioned way?  No good answer here.

I'm not familiar with bugz@ or what you are talking about.  I think
Pier could setup bugzilla to send reports to the bugz@ ML (to any
arbitrary address really), but there won't be any way to change the
data via mail.

>  > I've changed the links on the website to point at Bugzilla instead of GNATS.
>  >
>  > http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/
>
> Outch again... can we please get some link or alias set up that might
> get us back into sync, like bugz.apache.org so folks have a simple
> name to remember?

That's an infrastructure@ issue, and nothing I have control
over.  But, yes, it's a good point, however there's nothing I can
do about that.  The Jakarta people have used this URL without any
problems though for quite a long time.  -- justin