httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sander van Zoest <san...@vanzoest.com>
Subject Re: putting mod_scoreboard_send in core?
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2002 19:15:27 GMT
On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, Doug MacEachern wrote:

> in general, the concept is to serialize the scoreboard in such a way
> that it can transfered over the network via http and "thawed" on
> another machine.  i'm sure there's a better way to do this than
> the mod_scoreboard_send thinger.

I have done this in two ways with tools that are not in the httpd core.

- have SNMP polls to mod_nsmp(1) and then display it using MRTG, HP OpenView
  Scotty, or whatever

- use mod_status_xml(2) and do periodic GET and use XSLT/SVG to merge
  the content into a pretty graph/HTML page.

I really do not see why this needs to be in the httpd core.

1) the SNMPv3 capable <http://www.covalent.net/products/managed/>
   or <http://www.simpleweb.org/software/packages/mod-snmp/>
2) <http://www.awe.com/mark/dev/mod_status_xml/> with some contributed
   changes.