httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Finch <...@dotat.at>
Subject Re: v2.0 + threading under FreeBSD v4.5 ...
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2002 00:57:45 GMT
On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 04:16:41PM -0800, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> I bet part of the problems may be our own fault and others may be
> because FreeBSD's threading implementation isn't (yet) very solid.
> Regardless, if you *need* threading, use another OS.  -- justin

My understanding of the situation is that FreeBSD's threading is
very good, unless you use SYSV semaphores which aren't intercepted
by the userland threading library and so block the whole process.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch <dot@dotat.at>
TRAFALGAR: SOUTH OR SOUTHWEST, VEERING WEST 6 TO GALE 8. THUNDERY SHOWERS.