httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: v2.0 + threading under FreeBSD v4.5 ...
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2002 00:16:41 GMT
On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 08:10:58PM -0400, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> 	Anyone have Apache2 working under FreeBSD yet, and, if so ... how?
> :)

Works just fine without threads.  No one here has had the time to
sift through all of the threading issues on FreeBSD.  (Hint: try
passing --enable-threads to configure and seeing what happens to
your server with worker MPM.)  Our current thoughts (see STATUS) is
that the condition variables may be broken.

I bet part of the problems may be our own fault and others may be
because FreeBSD's threading implementation isn't (yet) very solid.
Regardless, if you *need* threading, use another OS.  -- justin