httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: how to debug worker mpm httpd with gdb?
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2002 00:50:02 GMT
On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 04:26:19PM -0800, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> > Just change ThreadsPerChild to 1 if you want this. If you really want it,
> > I see no reason we can't create a -DONE_WORKER or similiar MPM-specific
> > flag to do the same.
>
> If you read Stas's message, he set TPC to 1, but it didn't work
> right.  (The threads weren't peristent - they were always killed
> off.)  -- justin

This sounds like a problem with gdb on linux w/ threads. I've set this
in solaris w/ gdb and not seen problems. I'd be surprised if threads
were being "killed off" after a request. (Perhaps Max and MinSpareThreads
shouldn't both be 1?)

I would expect there to be at least 3 threads when setting ThreadsPerChild
to 1:

worker thread
listener thread
POD thread/signal thread (signal thread is for -X)

Also, most thread libraries must create management threads for dealing
with LWP mapping, thread multiplexing, etc... which are also probably
showing up in the gdb output.

-aaron