httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: APXS hard-coded paths
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2002 00:34:44 GMT
On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 03:56:49PM -0800, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> get_config_vars("${datadir}/build/config_vars.mk",\%config_vars);
>
> We need to get in the definition of datadir as well, I think.
>
> my $datadir         = "@datadir@";
>
> We might as well take in all of the other layout variables
> now.  -- justin

I've been thinking about this over the last few days, since we'll have
the same problem in apachectl. Although I don't like it, we could have
a config_vars.mk-like file for any script to use, and then it could
figure out the ServerRoot through some string magic dependent the
script's installed dir.

Besides, @foodir@ won't work from w/in a script right now. If it's an
absolute path then the installed directory can't be moved. If it's
relative it'll be relative to the cwd from where the script was run.

-aaron