httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Code questions (server/mpm_common.c)
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2002 01:40:56 GMT
On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 03:33:55PM +0100, Sander Striker wrote:
> >> server/mpm_common.c:442
> >>     rv = apr_file_close(pod->pod_in);
> >>     if (rv != APR_SUCCESS) {
> >>         return rv;
> >>     }
> >>
> >>     return rv;
> >> }
> >>
> >> If we are going to waste the if, we might aswell return
> >> APR_SUCCESS, no?

Um. Way simpler than that:

    return apr_file_close(pod->pod_in);

Forget the variable, forget the if, etc etc.

> > as for this code, go for the APR_SUCCESS (you're left with a trade-off
> > between compactness vs. using a style that can be extended if more
> > work is added later)

Um. You're talking about a single line. Go for compact for readibility.
Should the day ever arrive to "extend", then it is a simple manipulation.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/