httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: OT: whither are we going?
Date Sat, 09 Mar 2002 16:42:36 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 08, 2002 at 02:47:13PM -0500, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> > credit where it is deserved.  I do *not* think we owe the user
> > community a project plan and schedule of deliverables.
>
> I think we owe it to the other developers to have a project
> plan and a schedule of deliverables.  -- justin

Plan: +1
Schedule: -1

I also feel that we have a responsibility to the community, but one
which is based on having a reliable application, rather than one that's
held to a schedule. Even with that being said, Apache runs the real
risk of being irrelevant (sp?) if 2.0 stays in the constant "beta"
phase... if this is the case, then "dropping" 1.3 as we have is
a Bad Idea. We can't say to the Apache community "wait for 2.0 and
it'll be done when it's done, but don't expect anything new in 1.3".
The world doesn't stand still.

I know it sounds like I'm talking out of both sides of my mouth here :)