httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: OT: whither are we going?
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2002 20:10:17 GMT
On Fri, Mar 08, 2002 at 11:26:58AM -0800, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> I do that at my day job.  I do the Open Source work to get away from the
> annoying parts of programming that my day job delivers.  Please don't
> force that stuff on me during my relaxing time.

If you are interested in making a release, I think all that is
needed is a heads-up email to the list before tagging (preferably
a few days before tagging):

"Hey guys.  I'm considering tagging for a new release.  What do
you think of that?  Are we stable?  Should I wait for a few
days while some really important change gets in?
Thanks, Your Humble Volunteer RM."

It doesn't have to be long-term at all - rather our OSS nature
implies that we only think short-term.  However, I think we should
always have a rough concept of what our *next* release will have.

There is a lot of parallel development going on and merely assuming
that you (or code that you have written) is ready for release
doesn't necessarily imply that everyone else's is.  -- justin