httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Why do we have NONBLOCK bucket reads? (or, "I want poll for buckets")
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2002 23:02:08 GMT
I see how these will be useful with an Async I/O model, but at the moment
this read mode seems either incomplete or not useful. It seems to me like
all current uses of NONBLOCK are probably unnecessary, since there is no
other way to "wait" for data to appear other than spinning endlessly.

The problem seems to be that we don't have a way to determine when that
bucket read would no longer block once we've already determined that
it would. I'm looking for a select()/poll() mechanism for a group of
buckets. Does this even fix into our model? If not, how were we planning
on making bucket brigades able to work with Async I/O?

-aaron