httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: Baffled by the negotation fix...
Date Sat, 02 Mar 2002 22:26:38 GMT
On Sat, Mar 02, 2002 at 11:25:33AM -0800, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> My opinion is that a request is the time from when a user sends the GET
> line to the time that the response is sent back.  Justin (please correct
> me if I am wrong) believes that the request is the lifetime of the
> request_rec in the code.  The problem is that the request_rec can be
> modified by causing an internal redirect or a sub_request.

Right.  I'm content for just trying to get something to work now
and readdress this when we open 2.1.  I think that there can be
multiple independent request_rec's created for one connection.
I believe the concept of fast_redirect is bogus and broken.  But,
you and OtherBill seem intent on keeping that.

Based on your later messages, it seems that you are writing a
patch to add an intermediate protocol-level filters.  So, I will
stay out of your way for now.

And, the patch that OtherBill submitted (even with the addition
of HTTP_HEADER, CONTENT_LENGTH) doesn't work when there are
multiple subreqs.  However, the only patch I've seen that works
is in <20020219004649.GM26092@ebuilt.com>.  -- justin