httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sander van Zoest <san...@vanzoest.com>
Subject RE: Log file rotation... log sub system
Date Sun, 03 Mar 2002 03:14:53 GMT
On Sat, 2 Mar 2002, Ryan Bloom wrote:

> > > dirkx@covalent.net wrote:
> > > Perhaps the logging module should be split up in the same way, with
> > > mod_log handling the hooks, and mod_log_disk handling logging direct
> > > disk, mod_log_sql handling direct to database, etc.
> > Wouldn't just making ap_log_error() ap_run_log_error() solve a lot of
> > these problems?
> ap_log_error_core already runs a hook to allow module to do more with
> the error log, so this is effectively already done.

Do we maybe want to document these? It seems that half the time someone
asks a question on how to do something, it can already be done, but
there is no real way to know this unless you stare at the code every
day.

--
Sander van Zoest                                          sander@vanzoest.com
San Diego, CA, US                                 http://Sander.vanZoest.com/