httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Philip M. Gollucci" <phi...@sduwebship.student.umd.edu>
Subject Default *.conf files use incorrect DocumentRoot
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 03:42:01 GMT
A default install of
httpd-2.0_20020301051226.tar.gz
with configure
./configure --prefix=/usr/home/install/apache/2.0.32 --with-mpm=prefork
--enable-so --with-port=9595

cd /usr/home/install/apache/2.0.32/sbin
./apachectl start
Syntax error in httpd.conf
DocumentRoot must exist.

Heres are the patchs which fix it for all the *.conf files in the conf/
directory.  Basically, its stuff/htdocs where it should be
stuff/share/htdocs ... I just realized the same thing happened with
cgi-bin, icons, did the same thing.  Its 3:30am and I might not be
thinking straight, so I'll get opinion before I send a patch... which I
have.

END
Philip M. Gollucci (p6m7g8) philip@p6m7g8.com 301.314.3118

Science, Discovery, & the Universe (UMCP)
        Webmaster & Webship Teacher

EJPress.com
        Database/PERL Programmer & System Admin

Resume      : http://p6m7g8.com/Work/index.html