httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ryan Bloom" <...@covalent.net>
Subject RE: filtering problems & fix
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2002 18:35:07 GMT
> A simple SSI file with two #include file directives
> will coredump due the fact that we are copying the
> filter chain *pointers* from the main request to
> the subrequest in make_sub_request. When we add
> the subreq_core_filter this corrupts the main
> filter chain.

There should be no reason to copy the entire chain to the sub-request.
In fact, if we do have to do so, then there is a bigger problem.  I
think the actual problem is that we no longer really need the previous
pointer that I added.  That pointer is causing more problems that it
solves, and we have to walk the filter chain anyway in
add_any_filter_handle.

The other thing is that we actually want to use the exact same filters.
That is one of the goals of subrequests, so I believe that this is the
wrong solution.  I will remove the previous filter ASAP and see if it
still works.

> We need to copy the filter chain, not just the
> pointers. Attached is a patch to do this. I will
> commit if there are no objections.
>
> There is also at least one remaining bug in
> add_any_filter handle due to the fact that
> r->output_filters and/or r->proto_output_filters
> are not getting updated when filters are added.
> I'm still looking into that one if no-one beats
> me to it.

Can you provide a config that causes this bug?

Ryan