httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David Hill" <ddh...@zk3.dec.com>
Subject requesting guidance on converting a mod to 2.0
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2002 18:52:51 GMT
Hi all,

I am in the process of converting an apache module that I have working with Apache 1.3 to
work with 2.0. This crufty bit of code handles the dynamic content portion of Specweb99. I
must admit my knowledge of Apache modules is less than it should be as my first module work
was converting this one from isapi to be a 1.3 Apache module. (BTW anyone else playing with
specweb99 out there?)

Things that confuse me in the 2.0 API

1) In my handler routine, I am trying to push a file aka ap_send_fd or ap_send_fd_len in apache
1.3.

    I found a modified ap_send_fd and am using it. What is unclear is that it seems that I
should not call apr_file_close() on a sucessfull send which seems real strange. Can I assume
that the bucket brigade stuff closes the file for me ? The code in mod_asis (which mirrors
ap_send_fd) seems to suggest that is the case.

2) At the top of the handler routine, I copied from mod_example a

  if (strcmp(r->handler, "specweb-handler")) {
      return DECLINED;
  }

Without this, I am finding that the handler get called for every request, even requests which
are outside of the <Location> directive that enables the handler. Am I missing something
or is that just how it is now ?

thanks,
    Dave Hill