httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David Hill" <ddh...@zk3.dec.com>
Subject connect to listener warning message
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2002 18:27:26 GMT
Hi all,
    When I run 2.0.32 on Compaq Tru64 and give it a bit of a load (ok, I whack it good :-),
I get warnings similar to the following looping into the error log file. I am getting one
per second, even well after the load is removed.I do not get any of these until after the
load has been applied for a 10 seconds or so.

[Thu Mar 28 13:11:43 2002] [warn] (49)Can't assign requested address: connect to listener

I am guessing that this is coming from dummy connection in server/mpm_common.c but don't understand
enough about what else is going on to know where to look further.

The server does seem to continue to respond to requests.

I tried bumping up the thread count but that did not seem to make any difference.

I have not tried the nightly yet to see if that makes any difference.

Any suggestions ?

thanks,
    Dave Hill