httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Stoddard" <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject Re: ap_sub_req_lookup_dirent
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2002 17:48:54 GMT
ap_process_request_internal() is called at the very end of ap_sub_req_lookup() and I don't
see that it is providing any additional information that is not already available prior to
the call (ie, we already have stat'ed the file and know all the finfo required by the
caller). The only useful thing that I see happening is authentication. Otherwise, we do
not want to run translate_name or most of the other hooks as far as I can see...

Bill