httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Eduardo D Piovesam" <edua...@autofax.com.br>
Subject Apache on NetWare and logs...
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 12:35:30 GMT
Hello all,

We currently are using Apache on our NetWare 5.1/6.0 servers and we are very
satisfied with it.

It have performance, stability and scability, just like NetWare. It's the
perfect marriage.

The only "problem" is about the logs, which can grow up until the
web-servers are restarted.

But, hey, all our site must run 24x7 with _NO_ stop, even by some seconds. I
hope you can understand this.

I can't leave the Apache running for some days, our logs can consume all our
free disk space!

The people who is porting the Apache did a great job, making the directives
LogRotateDaily and LogRotateInterval to the mod_log_config modules.

This is great even for the another platforms, not only for NW.

Well, I hope this to be included in the next Apache release, because we want
that ours web-servers keep running for years with no stop, just like ours
NetWare servers.

Thank you,
Eduardo D Piovesam
Autofax Comercial Ltda