httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ryan Bloom" <...@covalent.net>
Subject RE: httpd-test + cvs head
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2002 14:19:26 GMT
> On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 04:17:58PM -0800, Doug MacEachern wrote:
> > to those working on filters, please make sure
httpd-test/perl-framework
> > tests are passing.  i'm seeing a bunch fail at the moment, a couple
with
> > "response had protocol HTTP/0.9 (headers not sent?)" and various
> > segvs:
>
> I think I've fixed most of these (by either committing fixes to
> httpd-test or to httpd-2.0).  All of the tests except for mod_ssl
> are now passing for me.
>
> Failed Test     Status Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of Failed
> ssl/http.t                     1    1 100.00%  1
> ssl/varlookup.t               72    2   2.78%  39, 49
>
> However, mod_ssl is bogus.  The ssl/http.t test is interesting
> since it causes mod_ssl to remove itself via
> ap_remove_output_filter() (mod_ssl.c:358).  Since mod_ssl is a
> connection filter, our new strategy is that it can never be
> removed.  Ooops.  Since it doesn't have access to the request_rec,

HUH?  Where did you get that connection filters can never be removed.
That was never said anywhere.  You must be able to remove any filter.

> it can't destroy its predecessor's reference to itself.  Perhaps
> this means we *do* need the ->prev.

Damn, that is a sticky wicket.  My thought right now is that
ap_pass_brigade and ap_get_brigade automatically add the request_rec
pointer to the filter structure when they are called.

> We'll end up reading the fake request line, but the SSL input
> filter will still be present - since it is still referred to by
> r->output_filters.  This will cause a segfault or other
> nastiness.  I'm not aware how rbb wants to fix this, so I'll
> let him sort this out.

Ryan