httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ryan Bloom" <...@covalent.net>
Subject RE: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server protocol.c request.c util_filter.c
Date Sun, 03 Mar 2002 22:34:39 GMT
> > Subject: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server protocol.c request.c
> util_filter.c
> >
> > rbb         02/03/03 14:04:04
> >
> >   Modified:    server   protocol.c request.c util_filter.c
> >   Log:
> >   This fixes most of the header bug that was committed last night.
> The
> > server
> >   is seg faulting on pipelined requests currently, but I want to get
> > people
> >   back to a running server.
>
> This patch is kind of ugly, but it cleans the code up a bit.  The seg
> fault that we are still seeing is not in this code, but it looks like
> r->connection->input_filters is being clobbered by some of the core
> logic.   I am still tracking that down.

I have found and fixed the seg fault.  The problem was that some of the
input filters had the wrong filter types.  They were being registered as
CONNECTION or CONTENT filters, but they were being treated as
HTTP_HEADER filters.

This meant that there were filters in the list that were associated with
previous requests.  Obviously, this meant that the memory allocation was
completely borked.  In this specific case, the
r->connection->input_filters was being overwritten by
apr_filepath_merge.  I had originally assumed that the problem was in
apr_filepath_merge (because my code couldn't be wrong.  :-), but in
reality the problem was that the problem was an extra filter in the
list.

Anyway, the seg fault is gone, and the headers are behaving correctly in
all of my tests.

Ryan