httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ryan Bloom" <...@covalent.net>
Subject Do graceful restarts actually work anywhere?
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2002 00:30:37 GMT
Just looking through the code and graceful restarts really shouldn't be
working right now.  The problem is that we pass pconf into the pre_mpm
phase, but on Unix we only call the pre_mpm phase on graceless shutdown
or when the server first starts.  We clear the pconf pool on every
restart, and we register a cleanup with pconf to destroy the scoreboard.

If I have traced the code correctly, this means that we should be
deleting the scoreboard on every graceful restart and not re-creating
it.  I can't see how this is not causing severe seg faults.

Also, Windows is calling ap_pre_mpm on every restart, and I believe that
the correct solution is to pass pglobal to the pre_mpm hook.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom                  rbb@covalent.net
645 Howard St.              rbb@apache.org
San Francisco, CA