httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ryan Bloom" <...@covalent.net>
Subject RE: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/http http_core.c http_protocol.c
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2002 05:55:25 GMT
>   Modified:    modules/http http_core.c http_protocol.c
>   Log:
>   Adding the same filters over and over again used to be okay, because
>   we would lose the extra filters.  Now, if a filter is added, it is
run.
>   Unfortunately, this can cause an infinite loop, or it can cause
request
>   headers to appear twice.  This commit removes two instances in the
core
>   where we were inserting filters for a second and third time.  The
bug
>   was that error responses were causing infinite loops.
>
>   This also removes the reset_filters function, which did the exact
>   same thing as add_required_filters.  The two functions were both
called
>   in error conditions, which was part of what caused this bug.

Justin,

This fixes the second of your two bugs.  Thanks for finding those, I'm
sorry I let them slip through.  BTW, the number of bugs that this code
exposed has convinced me that this is the correct direction to go.  The
reason I say that is that all of the bugs that have been exposed are
happening because we tried to hack around problems with the filters.

Ryan