httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Brad Nicholes" <BNICHO...@novell.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server scoreboard.c
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2002 18:53:20 GMT
Just checking.

Thanks,

>>> wrowe@covalent.net Friday, February 01, 2002 11:26:30 AM >>>
From: "Brad Nicholes" <BNICHOLES@novell.com>
To: <dev@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2002 12:00 PM
Subject: Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server scoreboard.c

>   Why is the platform #ifdef WIN32 being included in an HTTPD source
> file?  I thought the whole idea was to keep platform specific code
out
> of the general HTTPD source and put it in APR.

Brad,

  the Unix code is wrong, but it clobbered Win32 (which could not
create
a NULL sharemem at that moment.)  Now Win32 supports unnamed
scoreboards,
so that code _could_ go away; however...

  Aaron is working on reverting to use-named-scoreboard if a name is
given
in the conf file, or anon (unnamed) shm otherwise.  When that patch
goes
into the Unix MPM's - this code may all be reverted to the Win32 path
here.

  Yes - platforms do NOT belong in the httpd sources.  For a temporary
and
quick fix, however, this is prefereable to having entirely broken
platforms :)

Bill